Monday, December 23, 2013

Hot Chocolate Jar

Wisconsin weather took a wintery turn last Thursday and Friday.  We were blessed w/ a rain/ice storm.  While it made the roads messy, it made the EVERYTHING else absolutely beautiful. 
The trees, shrubs, bushes all had this beautiful icy coating. 
 
 
I wanted to go outside and take a bunch of pictures to share, but instead I worked on finishing up the Evan's therapist's gifts. 
 
I know that Christmas gifts in a jar aren't uncommon, but I have found that they are always well received.  I made homemade hot chocolate mix and filled quart jars. I added a simple tag and found some REALLY cute snowman mugs at Wal-Mart to give along w/ the jar.
 
 


Here's a close up of the jars.  I used the Season of Style DSP and the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon.  A simple white tag.  I did round the upper corners w/ the corner rounder on the Envelope Punch Board (this is my FAVORITE FAVORITE tool). 
 

A little peppermint to go with the hot chocolate...yum yum!
 
 
My daughter, Riley Kate helped me finish up my baking yesterday.  We made and decorated cut out cookies for the cookie plates while we watched The Sound of Music. I think I would like that to be an annual family tradition.  :) 

 
 
Here are our finished plates. 
 

 
Merry Christmas from our family to you!  <3 p="">

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...