Monday, October 3, 2011

Gargoyles, Horses, Rainbows and a Little Stampin'...

I love Sunday afternoons, there's Evan's nap, football, and stamping!  I often sneak down to the basement while Evan naps and make my Cards & Things Challenge Card for the week and then hurry up to snuggle up by my honey to watch football.  GO Packers!

This weekend; however, I stamped my challenge card and then got Dani ready to head back to college. She is coming home a couple times a month for food and laundry service.  I will gladly pick her up a few groceries and do a couple loads of laundry is she comes home and spends the weekend w/ us. 

This week, Krista choose some really soft colors for her color challenge.  I immediately thought baby card, but took it in another direction. 


I bought the Serene Snowflakes set awhile back and it was sitting on my table unmounted. I thought these colors would be perfect for a winter card.  I was MOST excited about Mr. Snowman's  pink/chocolate scarf and hat.  They are my two favorite colors together.

 

Here are the supplies you need to make this card:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Staz-On, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Sets: Snow Much Fun,  Serene Snowflakes, Best of Everything (sentiment)
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Stripes Embossing Folder, Tasteful Trim die, Big Shot, Aqua Painters, rhinestones

Need Stampin' Up! products?  Place your order here 24/7!


Terry invited Evan and me to go for a ride down into Northern Illinois w/ him last Thursday. Evan loves to go in the car with Mom and Dad to see all the sites. Don't you just love his rooster tail?  It doesn't matter how much I comb it down, it wants to stick straight out!   :)


It was rainy, sunny, and very windy on our trip. This is the midwest we are talking about--we have it all.  Sometimes in just one day!   In fact, we were under a wind advisory Thursday afternoon.  It really wasn't bad until we got almost back to the Wisconsin border. In fact, we were behind a semi for a few miles that was having a rough time controlling the truck and trailer when the wind would gust.

Sorry for the qualities of the next couple photos they were taken out my car window. 

This is a double rainbow over a farm in Northern Illinois. 

 


I love this time of year with the corn stalks drying out and  the corn about ready to be harvested.


Here's two little minature horses that were unamused by the lady calling out her window and taking pictures of them.. I had to get a few shots  of them to show my girls.

These little horses look like they are either mixed with a  pot bellied pig or well fed. I giggled their legs are SO short--kinda like mine!!  I tried to convince Terry that the girls need one.  He didn't believe me.


And last but not least.....  I have never seen a gargoyle in a bush before, but I have now.  This was in the front yard in Illinois.  I didn't know quite what to think of it---still don't!  Oddly, Terry saw nothing strange about this creepy little fella.  I'm SO glad that I decorate our house and mow the yard.  Who knows what the decor could be if I left it up to Terry.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. This card is so cute! I just love the bird sitting on the snowman's nose!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on Google Reader the other day and kept meaning to come by and say it is such a cutie! I love the touch of black under the great mix of embossed stripes & scallops. Everything just pops!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...